Tips for International Flying with Kids
Our first time traveling in an airplane was an 8 hour international flight we had to make, luckily I was traveling with my mom to help with Ricardo, my autistic son. The following are the tips I've gathered from this trip and I hope it can help other parents with children (I know I googled my little heart out looking for tips).
- Have all entertainment charged and ready (we had our Amazon Kindle with tons of offline games downloaded and Netflix shows).
- Headphones, noise-protector headphones (we use Snug Kid earmuffs, we purchased ours on Amazon.com)
- Make sure you speak to the ticketing agent and let them know of any special needs your child has.
- Have snacks ready for them (we also purchased once at the gate), especially if they only eat certain things.
- We brought with us two changes of clothing, and before boarding put on his pijamas.
- When boarding, also tell the crew about the needs of your child.
- Make sure they stay awake until after you are boarding (Waking up already in a tight space with a bunch of people sitting nearby may cause stress to your child.)
- Tag Team with your traveling partner or with a crew member.
- Try to take a stroller of some sort, some airports are just too big and your child will get tired of walking nowhere near the baggage claim area.
Good Luck and safe travels!
Anything else you would recommend? How have you dealt with traveling with children?